Almost every store owner wishes for an e-Commerce platform that simplifies workflows and processes.
That is why selecting the right platform is critical because it will serve as the foundation for your website.
And, of all website builders, Magento 2 stands out for its admirable performance and scalability. Because it is open-source, it can be customized to meet the needs of the user.
Furthermore, Magento 2 is extremely mobile-friendly. Nowadays, catering to the mobile crowd is a must, or you will quickly become irrelevant in this fast-changing world.
If you need an ecommerce theme to manage the appearance of your website, here are some of the best Magento 2 book store themes on the market.
The Best Magento 2 Book Store Themes
- Based on HTML5 + CSS3 to deliver smooth viewing on various devices.
- Endless color options you can set on the admin panel.
- Google fonts for heading and other elements.
- Personalized slideshow to announce sales promotions.
- Drop-down shopping cart frees up some viewport space.
- Featured products on the home page.
- Cloud zoom gives a zoom effect on images.
This theme’s author has a solid reputation on Themeforest. If this product does not yet have a star rating, you can rely on your instincts to determine its quality.
Most importantly, as the listing suggests, this theme is designed for bookstores. This is a very specific niche that few theme designers enter, especially on this marketplace.
As a result, if you’re looking for a bookstore theme for your Magento 2 site, we strongly recommend this one.
It allows you to create book sections with various categories such as biography, fiction, non-fiction, best seller, and so on.
- 20 attractive layouts available.
- Static blocks, supplementing content made easy.
- Quick setup in a single click.
- Fully responsive design maintains a flawless look on any device.
- Retina enhanced renders pages crystal clear.
- Includes day-to-day deals module.
- AJAX implementation on the cart and wish list.
This is another theme developed with bookstores in mind. It’s also from a reputable creator in the marketplace.
Devita is promoted as a theme well-suited for book stores and digital stores. But thanks to its universal appeal, it’s just as good for other niches. Remember that a demo doesn’t reflect the finished product.
You can substitute elements and revamp the appearance to push the idea you’re trying to communicate. This theme comes laden with extensions. Moreover, it features a custom slideshow to display content on a hover panel.
Another noteworthy feature is the mega menu, which is modifiable at your disposal. Feel free to swap out entries in categories, submenus, and other portions of the page.
- Free extensions like SM listing tab, SM Quickcart Pro, and more.
- Diverse typography support.
- PSD files provided.
- 2 dazzling layouts for the homepage.
- Sample data import lets you catch a glimpse of the template.
- AJAX layered navigation for advanced filtering options.
- Loads google fonts out of the box.
This is another labor of love from one of the elite authors on Themeforest. It has a boatload of designs for Magento 2, this one included.
If you run a book store and need a new theme to freshen up its appearance, invest your hard-earned money in this theme. It’s not the most expensive, which makes it even more appealing.
In terms of features, it has a lot to offer besides a flawless front-end design and easy customization. We just listed out the details before this paragraph.
All the things that make a theme great are included, such as flexible color choices, a mega menu, and responsive design. To top it off, using the builder is a breeze, too.
- HTML5 and CSS3 layout improves web accessibility.
- Boostrap 4 handles mobile responsive requests.
- Sliders with animated graphics.
- All kinds of menus are available, e.g. custom, sticky, vertical, etc.
- Standard checkout process one the same page.
- Over 500 integrated Google fonts.
- Social sharing helps build brand awareness.
- Works with a number of vendors.
If you’re a frequent visitor to Themeforest, you may have bumped into this theme by happenstance since the author shows up a lot in the Magento 2 category.
It’s more of a multipurpose theme rather than one specifically designed for bookstores.
But it’s okay. As we said earlier, it’s a very specific niche that not many want to capitalize on. Even if the demo doesn’t resemble a book store, you can still change elements accordingly.
What’s more important is that this theme has been developed to meet the demands of search engines by making it responsive, using AJAX to lower the bounce rate, and adding tools to make visitors stay on the edge of their seats while exploring your store’s catalog.
- Quickview popup feature akin to picture-in-picture.
- Video attachment on products.
- Mega menu to build the primary navigation of the site.
- More than 36 block elements and settings.
- A long list of extensions, such as Lookbook, AJAX fly cart, and Store Locator.
- Extensive footer and header combinations.
This theme has wide browser compatibility; Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and more.
One striking part of this theme is the minimalist design. This gives a chance for products to stand out more. As we know, products have their own graphics. If a theme is too busy, it could be distracting to visitors.
If you want to give more focus on the entries, this theme is an awesome pick. Let’s not forget that a store’s main objective is to generate sales. Regardless of how things are organized, if a theme can bring in sales, it will shape your business’s success.
Even though this theme is simple, it’s easy on the eyes, which should lead to a better shopping experience and keep customers coming back.
- Stunning color variations to suit your style.
- Multi-currency setup.
- Wide and boxed layouts enabled.
- Rich snippets increase the click-through rate.
- Decorates elements of web pages with Google fonts.
- Multi-language capabilities.
- Free extensions such as SM basic products and SM deal.
Some themes are released exclusively for Magento 2. It makes sense, provided that it’s the current generation of the e-Commerce platform. Others opt to widen coverage to Magento 1.
If you’re a devoted fan of the original, this theme might be what you’re looking for. It still exists, albeit Magento 2 is considered a major leap from the first one.
Maxshop has an eye-catching design. This theme is made responsive to ensure the best presentation on all devices and screen sizes.
Is it good for a bookstore? Well, it should be, as it accommodates a lot of layout and element changes. Static blocks, AJAX navigation, hover effects: there’s a lot to customize in its core architecture.
- AJAX search module displays results in real time.
- Store locator details all locations with an interactive map.
- Lazy loading improves page load speed massively.
- Adjustable headers and footers.
- Blog module as an individual section for blog posts.
- One step checkout abolishes cumbersome ordering process.
- Supports multiple rows and tabs.
One of the perks of buying a theme on Themeforest is that it uses a “well-documented” tag. This is necessary if you want to make changes and personalize a theme.
Even if a design feels perfect on paper, we may have the urge to put our spin on it to make it strongly represent our brand identity. The good news is that this information is put front and center on the listings.
This theme is not only well-documented, but it also comes with 6 months of support after a license purchase.
As far as performance is concerned, it doesn’t have a colossal price tag for nothing. The product manages to maintain a perfect rating with plenty of reviews.
- Color swatches applied to products.
- SM deal extension to announce promotions.
- Rich snippets improve indexes with reviews and other essential information.
- Typography backed by a robust C-panel.
- Enthralling color presets, including tangerine and emerald.
- 3 layouts for pages in a variety of columns.
- Multi-language, multi-currency display included.
- Up to 6 variations of item profile.
This theme is tech-leaning. As seen on the live preview, most of the demos are electronics websites.
Well, that’s just a style you can change by replacing the existing images. A major overhaul will easily transform it into the bookstore you’ve thought about.
By the way, this theme is built for both Magento 1 and 2. Although the second generation is a natural progression from the predecessor, it seems that many themes leave it behind in favor of Magento 2.
Besides this flexibility, this theme also rocks an image slider with a seamless transition, a brand slider, and collaborative work from the latest programming languages like HTML5 and CSS3.
- Google AMP turns store business-centric.
- GDPR compliant to protect privacy of visitors.
- Countdown timer feature.
- Advanced product filtering by specific attributes.
- Over 30 demos as live previews.
- Excellent mega menu with drag-and-drop functionality.
- One click to import a design.
- Adds relevant labels on items.
This theme values responsive design so much that it’s the aspect it shines light on in its name. It’s optimized with an impeccable UX design, so that you can rest assured that it will leave a lasting impression on viewers.
It also helps make products learnable and usable for customers. This theme allows you to go fully responsive, increasing adaptability on different display sizes.
While it’s not marketed as solely a bookstore theme, it sports a design people will universally love.
You can’t go wrong with this sort of theme as it caters to broad buyer segments.
- Dedicated section for new arrivals.
- A wonderful selection of layouts.
- Retina ready to adapt to high-resolution screens.
- Supports a number of languages.
- Order management system.
- Includes AJAX loadmore plugin.
It’s super easy to tweak the admin settings of this theme.
It doesn’t matter if none of the demos feature a bookstore; you can bring your concept to life by inputting relevant details into the customizable elements.
Just like with other themes, responsiveness also becomes a prominent highlight in this product. Speed is another area that gets a lot of attention.
It guarantees a quick page load speed on top of many compelling features.
Third-party integrations, smart product filtering, scalability, and a high level of security are some of the reasons for using Magento 2 to power an online store.
Whether it’s a bookstore or an electronic store, Magento has become a platform of choice for many businesses thanks to its advanced improvements.
Selecting the right theme is equally important, though. Instead of a free theme, you might be tempted to use a premium one because it’s more feature-packed and secure, not to mention that it also comes with customer support.
Hopefully, you’ll show an interest in one of the best Magento 2 book store themes mentioned above.